Creating a Magento Account
You can open a free Magento account from our website. The email address that you use can be
associated with only one Magento account, and the screen name that you enter becomes your
identity in the Magento forums.
To create a Magento account:
1. Visit the Magento site at: http://www.magento.com
2. In the upper-right corner, choose My Account. Then under New Customers, tap Register.
Log In to Your Account
3. Under Personal Information, do the following:
a. Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
b. Set My Company Primarily to the best description of what your company does. Then, set
My Role to the best description of what you do for the company.
4. Under Login Information, do the following:
a. Enter a Screen Name to identify you in the Magento Community Forums.
Your screen name can be from four to fifteen characters long, can include numbers and the
underscore, but must start with a letter.
b. Enter a Password for your account. Then, enter it again to confirm.
Your password can be from eight to sixteen characters long, and must include at least one
capital letter, one number, and one special character or one lowercase letter.
c. When complete, tap Submit . Your account dashboard appears.
18 Magento Community Edition 2.0 User Guide
Creating a Magento Account CHAPTER 3: Your Magento Account
Create an Account
To log in to your Magento account:
1. Go to the Magento site: http://www.magento.com
2. In the upper-right corner, click My Account.
3. Enter the Email address that is associated with your account. Then, enter your Password.
4. When complete, tap Login .
To receive a new password:
1. If you forget your password, click Forgot Your Password?
2. Enter the Email Address that is associated with your account, and tap Submit .
You will receive an email from Magento with a temporary password that you can use to log
into your account. Then, reset your password from the dashboard of your account.
Magento Community Edition 2.0 User Guide 19
CHAPTER 3: Your Magento Account Creating a Magento Account
To reset your password:
1. Log in to your Magento account.
2. In the panel on the left, choose Account Settings. Then, tap Change Password
3. Enter your Current Password.
If you forgot your password, enter the temporary password that was sent to you.
4. Enter your New Password. Then, enter it again to confirm.
5. When complete, tap Submit .
We also contribute great content of Magento Tutorial for Magento 1.x.
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!