First of all, let make quick review of Magento Theme, based on:
- Define and describe how to use Magento themes
- Define and describe how to use design packages
- Define and describe how to use fallbacks
In this post, We will focus on how to customize your theme. The Theme Editor lets you customize the styles which are used to format different sections of the page. For example, you can easily change the color and size of the text, or change the background color or image. You can experiment with different settings to make your theme your own.
Step 1: Create a New Working Version of a Theme
- From the Admin menu, select Design > Themes Editor.
- In the Theme Editor, select the theme you want to use as a starting point, and click the Customize button below its thumbnail.
- In the Theme Information section, enter the Theme Name and Theme Description.
- Click the Save button.
Additional options now appear in the Theme Customization panel on the left.
Step 2: Launch the Design Settings Editor
Video Tutorial: Changing the Store Background
The Design Settings Editor lets you make changes to the CSS styles without writing any code. Each section represents a specific part of the page, and includes a selection of options that correspond to CSS properties and values.
- In the Theme Customization panel on the left, select Design Settings Editor.
- Click to expand the section with the settings you want to change.
- Select the property values that you want to apply.
- Click the Save and Continue Edit button.
You must save your customized theme before it can be previewed. Your theme now appears in the My Customizations section of the Theme Editor.
As you customize your theme, be sure to save your work periodically. When you get your theme to a good point, if you duplicate your customized theme, you are essentially making a backup copy that you can revert back to if you change your mind.
We also contribute great content of Magento Download for FREE (all versions)
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!